About Me

Well, I've been around for 19 years now. I'm a Marine at NAS Pensacola as an AME student, that's basically HVAC and ejection seat categories on fighters. I was born in Howard Co. MD and was raised in the small rural town of Jefferson MD. My interests include Auto mechanics, Motorcycles, Civil War History (primarily Antietam) I have until May 4th here in Pensacola and I don't know from there! Some people choose college, I chose the Marine Corps, I've lived in 4 different states in the last 6 months now. Oorah!

Friday, May 13, 2011

First week here

Okay, I've been here a week so I can more safely give my opinions towards Cherry Point.
I will start out by saying if I get stationed here I would not mind what so ever, the base does
not have a lot to do and you hear the sound of afterburners 24/7 but neither of those things
are too bad. Taxi (or your POV if you're so lucky) off base and there is plenty to do, as far as
the afterburners go, that's something you just get used to over time. Things about Cherry 
Point that I do enjoy so far, they're basically everything; My instructors are both awesome,
my room mates are good guys, the barracks and liberty policy are both laid back and best of
all, the weather is really nice. I even am more involved here. Yesterday, Thursday the 12th I
volunteered for the special Olympics half marathon to run the torch to the site of the events.
And also yesterday was also field day, something that if you've been reading along you already know
all about, but for those of you that have not, its where you clean every square inch of your
room. Well here unlike Pensacola you're not at your room for the actual inspection (at least
we were not today) which is and isn't a good thing. Obviously if you are at your room for the
inspection you know imidiatley if you passed or not, here the anticipation is killer. All of us
(C-School Marines) we're at the theater receiving a very good class on leadership and the
Marine Corps leadership traits (J.J.D.I.D.T.I.E.B.U.C.K.L.E) than watched the Movie "We we're
Soldiers" because it, 1) Includes the leadership traits and 2) has LOTS of close air support.
Well, during the movie we get word the Field Day results are in the lobby and we bum rushed
it to find out how we did. Room 233 got a Satisfactory which is actually good because we we're
informed 9/10 times you fail your first field day. Its about 12:30 now on Friday and we're secured
(let free) for the weekend and I do not have many major planes because in 2 weeks my Dad and
very good friend Nick are coming to visit me. I know this post is relatively short but I am going
to try and crank out a post at least once a week. Thanks for reading and Semper Fi.

No comments:

Post a Comment